At myDental, we are knowledgeable at working with patients who have dental phobia and anxiety associated with dental visits and procedures. Whenever possible, we will first try behavioral techniques to help you relax.
However, we do offer our patients the option of sedation dentistry with nitrous oxide (“laughing gas”) or oral conscious sedation, which involves taking a small pill prior to arriving for your appointment. Both types of conscious sedation will help you relax and feel comfortable when having a dental procedure.
Sedation Dentistry Austin TX
Sedation dentistry is effective for those who:
- Have a fear of needles
- Have difficulty becoming numb from local anesthetic injections
- Have had bad dental experiences
- Suffer from dental phobia or feel stress and anxiety about going to the dentist
- Have sensitive or painful teeth
- Have difficulty controlling your movements
- Need comprehensive treatment that may require a longer visit
- Wish to have your dental treatment completed in a single visit rather than multiple appointments
With conscious sedation, you will be in a comfortable and relaxed state throughout your visit. You’ll still breathe on your own and be able to respond when we speak to you, but you will feel so sleepy that you will not remember what happened. Best of all, it has no side effects and you can return to your normal activities immediately following your treatment.
We offer sedation dentistry at both of our dental offices. For an appointment, call us today at the location nearest you or use our online form.