Infection control has always been a top priority for our practices and you may have seen this during your visits to our offices. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practices to keep patients and staff safe.
Our offices follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our offices will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. You are asked to check-in from your car instead of coming into the waiting room.
- Systems are implemented to minimize the need for patients to cross paths in the waiting areas, with each patient maintaining social distancing in their exam areas.
- Temperature is monitored for every patient and staff member on arrival to the office.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to eliminate waiting of patients in the reception area.
- Deep cleaning of our treatment rooms and office with hospital-grade cleaners between patients and on hourly basis.
- Additional utilization of techniques and technologies to ensure greater safety and comfort of yours and our staff members.
Protective Equipment and Managing Safe Environment
We are confident that we can provide our patients with a safe environment to manage the risk of virus exposure. Our staff will continue to follow Standard Precautions with the use of personal protective equipment (eyewear, gloves, and masks), as well as sterile instruments, disinfecting environmental surfaces, and proper hand hygiene.
We will follow all considerations recommended by the dental associations and CDC to protect both our patients and our staff members.
At myDental, there is nothing more important to us than the health and well-being of our patients. Our team members are taking many steps to protect your and others safety. Below are some of the key protocols, we request our patients to follow:
- Upon arrival, please stay in your vehicle and check-in by sending a text to our practice with your first and last name.
- We will reach out to you regarding the next step of check-in.
- Please always wear your mask. Our staff will instruct you at appropriate time to remove your mask.
- Always avoid touching face or mouth. Do not ware gloves. Always practice social distancing in lobbies and waiting areas.
- Hand sanitizer must be thoroughly applied upon arrival.
- Temperature is measured upon arrival to check for fever.
- Mouth rinse is performed before x-rays, exam, or treatment.
- No companion is permitted to come to the practice (except for minors or special needs).
Have Questions? Call Our Office
Do you have questions about available dental care? Our team is here to help with anything that you need. Please don’t hesitate to contact one of our convenient myDental locations to talk to a staff member and schedule an appointment. We are here to help!