Using modern technology in our office is a way that we can deliver higher quality services and results for our patients. At myDental, we are committed to providing the best technology so you can have confidence in the quality services you are receiving.
This is the third article in our blog post series about dental technology – today we are talking about iTero Intraoral Scanners. The iTero technology provides high quality visualization capabilities for a variety of restorative and cosmetic dental treatments.
What is an iTero Intraoral Scanner?
When we use iTero for digital scanning, we capture 3D images in a matter of minutes. This technology is user-friendly for both our dental office staff and our patients.
It’s a simple process to gather the digital images: a wand is moved around the patient’s mouth, capturing thousands of frames per second. Next, the computer system pieces the images together to create a 3D image of the entire mouth. Since the wands are compact, it’s easy to digitize the hard-to-reach areas in the back of the mouth.
The information from a 3D scan offers much more detail than what we can get with a 2D scan. Then, the intraoral scans are used to create dental models when a patient needs restorative dental work. Additionally, these scans are helpful for diagnosing certain issues and designing optimal treatment plans.
Benefits of iTero Intraoral Scanners
Why are we proud to offer iTero in our office? Here are some of the benefits that you can enjoy from this technology:
- Speed: Gone are the days when we need to send physical molds to the lab. Instead, iTero speeds up the treatment process for custom implant abutments, crowns, bridges, veneers, Invisalign, and more. This technology enables full arch scans in as little as 60 seconds, saving time during the dental appointment.
- Reliability: Digital scanning is more reliable compared to the old methods used before digital imaging was available. This reliability gives you peace of mind to know that you are receiving quality treatments.
- Results: The precision enabled through this technology means that you can expect excellent results for your treatments. The goal is to create restorations that fit your mouth perfectly, giving you an optimal outcome to improve your smile.
- Connection: This technology can connect to third-party providers, such as orthodontic labs. Additionally, the tech works great with CAD/CAM systems and chairside milling machines.
- Time Lapse: iTero is also a great way to compare records over a specific period of time. We can see changes in the gumlines, as well as movements in the jaw and tooth wear.
Learn More About Dental Technology at myDental
Do you have questions about digital imaging? If you would like to learn more about our technology or the quality services we offer, then you are invited to call our office for more information.
At myDental, our promise is to provide your family with quality dental care in a safe environment. Whether you want to discuss cosmetic dental services or it’s time for a cleaning and checkup, you can schedule an appointment at a nearby location.